You Could Never Believe This – “Nail Shape and Crafty Nail Art”
When you manicure your nails, there are several nail shapes to choose from. The decision as to which shape is best depends on several factors such as the size/shape of your nail bed, the shape of your lunula (the half moon on the nail bed), the length of your nails, as well as the kind of maintenance you apply on your nails.
Here are the nail shapes for a gorgeous manicure:
If you have a narrow nail bed, the best nail shape for you would be a square, since this has the tendency to make your nails look wider. Square nails are classic French. It usually comes with rounded or sharp tips but with strong side walls. Create the shape by filing straight the side walls and ensuring that the walls are at right angles to the nail’s free edge.
This nail shape is best for those with curved lunula, but it also compliments both nails with narrow and wide nail beds. Plus, its graceful tips add length, and the conical side walls of an oval shaped nail gives elegance to a woman’s hand. To get that perfect oval shape, the side walls should be filed straight to ensure that they are even, and shaped into a rounded oval ensuring that each side have an even angle.
This is a conservative nail shape that is usually adopted by women who prefer short nails and by men. It is a shape that flatters wide nails with side nail beds since it gives the illusion that the nail bed is thinner. Create this shape by filing the side walls straight as in a square while rounding the free edge of the nails.
Squoval or Square-oval
This nail shape combines the power of the square and the grace of the oval, that’s why it’s a very popular nail shape. It is best though for nails with wide nail beds and flat lunula. Create this shape by starting with a square with even and straight side walls, then filing the corners to a beveled and rounded free edge.
Almond shape or pointed nails
This nail shape is best for nail art designs or acrylic nails and the favorite of celebrities because of its avant-garde style that lengthen and makes the finger look slender . But because the shape is rather extreme, it won’t do for everyday wear.
Getting Crafty with Nail Arts
The nail fashion industry is continuing to grow, new styles are born and the old ones are continuing to be improved. Different nail arts are introduced and some fades away, depending on the season and what's trending and new. Technology also joins the nail fashion industry on its growing journey by adding new twists that adds dynamic elements on nail fashion tools.
Factors for Growth
There are a lot of factors that affect the growth of this said industry, but one intangible factor that is consistent on this journey is “creativity”. It is the one factor that has a great effect not only on nail fashion but on the whole fashion world. Famous designs and arts are fruit of one’s creativity, they started from normal things put together and resulted on a positive note.
When it comes to nail fashion, being creative can result to many positive outcomes. Using ordinary things like scotch tapes, glitters, beads and other stuff can produce fine-looking nail arts. Being crafty like mixing different nail polish colors or incorporating different nail arts will always get to something. Most trending nail arts of today came from those ideas and they are really popular nowadays.
Trending Nail Arts Resulted from Being Crafty and Creative:
- Matte Shiny French Tip – A fusion of two nail styles, French tip and matte nail polish effect.
- Ombre Nail Arts – A mixture of two nail polish colors to produce a gradient effect.
- Caviar Nail Art – Nail art that uses microbeads to produce a caviar texture.
- Scotch Tape Nail Styles – One of the earliest methods on creating different styles of nail designs. Using a scotch tape as an architectural paint tape to cover areas that should not be painted.
- Glow in the Dark Nail Polish – Another nail art that started using a mixture of the glow stick chemical and a nail polish.
Those are some types of nail arts that started from being crafty and creative, using different materials to produce a beautiful-looking nail design.
Airbrushing You Nails for A New Stylish Look
One the most popular way to decorate the nails is called airbrushing; this is one distinct method because it allows you to decorate your nails with different art works. This technique uses stencils to allow you to design your nails finely and paint the art works without getting messy. Some airbrushed nail art really looks classy and stylish, that may seem to be created by a professional.
You can also have these great looking and detailed nail arts. Sll you have to do is to get all the materials you need, follow the steps below, and be creative. That's how easy it is.
Tools You Need for Airbrushing:
- Base Nail Polish (Any Color)
- Stencil (Any Art Work You Prefer)
- Airbrush Mechanism
- Airbrush Paint
Now you are set to go! Just make sure that your nails and cuticles are already treated and prepared.
Steps on Getting Your Own Airbrush Nail Look:
- Base Coat Application – First step is to get your base coat nail polish and apply it to your nails. Let it dry for a while so that you can place the stencil on the nails.
- Stencil Laying – Once the base coat is dry, you can now place the stencil on the top of the nails. Position the stencil according to how you want your nails to be designed. Some people place the stencil at middle for the whole image to fit the nails.
- Airbrush – Now that you placed the stencil on your nails, you are ready to airbrush your nails. Make sure to do this step properly for a great result.
- Cleaning Up – Now, use the acetone to clean up and get rid of the airbrush paint that makes your design look messy.
- Top Coat Application – Once you are satisfied with your work of art, apply a top coat polish to give it a perfect look.
That is how you get your own airbrushed nails. Just be creative on designing your nails to have a unique and distinct look!
No posts found